Thursday, May 7, 2009

I don't sweat at all. Is there a medical condition for this?

I have never sweated (just my armpits, lower back, and lower stomach get a little moist, but not enough to trickle down my body). Even when I'm mowing my lawn in 90 degree heat with 70% humidity, I don't sweat. I can't even lay out in the sun for 5 minutes and I get really sick, dizzy, nauseated, etc. I'm not dehydrated at all. My aunt has this problem too, she can't be out in the sun as she doesn't sweat, either. Is there a medical condition/disease that causes this? I can't find any info online except for HED (Hypohidrotic Ectodermal Dysplasia), and it doesn't sound like anything I have. I get really hot all the time, where my face feels like a fever. I wake up really hot and nauseated at night. I have to have a fan on me at all times, and the AC in the winter, as well as a wet rag to cool me down. It's like I can't cool my body down. If anyone can point me to a specific disease/disorder this relates to before I speak to my doctor, I'd greatly appreciate it. I want to be informed.

I don't sweat at all. Is there a medical condition for this?
There are so many possible causes you really should go to a doctor and ask for a physical to rule out the possible causes. Tell the doctor what you said here , you need to find out what is going on with you.





Here is what I found, so you can see for yourself its a long list of possible causes:





http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/sym/reduce...





There are "cooling vests" available for people who have problems regulating their body temperatures. You could also try "cool neck cloths" like the soldiers are using to lower their body temps. But its really more important to find out why its happening and if that can be treated.





I don't have your problem( I do sweat) but I do have problems regulating my body temperature, mine is from dysautonomia.Maybe what is wrong with you is easily fixed. Get to the doctor !





Google "cooling vests" and you will find lots of places selling them. You could probably even find instructions on how to make them yourself.
Reply:You may have Primary focal hyperhidrosis (PFHH) is the most common form of hyperhidrosis and is defined as excessive sweating, not caused by physical activity, that appears symmetrically in a localized fashion.





It may be an inherited PFHH most frequently affects the underarms, hands and feet. While it does not endanger the life or physical health of the individual, it can cause significant negative impact on the quality of life and cause difficulty with work, school and social relationships.





Depending on Age and Sex it could be or other factors ,


it could be anything from Hypertension, Diabetes, or Menopause.


No comments:

Post a Comment