Friday, November 20, 2009

Am I anorexic?

I am a wrestler. I check my weight almost daily and when it is near weigh ins more than once a day. My parents act like i have an eating disorder. I think I am just a competitive person who is still a little too fat. I naturaly weigh about 205 but I wrestle at 189. I don't like running with sweats in the heat to make weight so I started to lose the weight gradually.





I don't think I can be competitive at the next weight class up (215). Is it unreasonable for me to want to slowly lose the weight?





(my parents are against me losing the weight the running in sweats way and the gradual way. They think I am good enough at 215 but I don't)

Am I anorexic?
I was a wrestling cheerleader and watched the guys do this all season long. It is not an eating disorder. Granted the way that wrestlers lose weight during season IS NOT healthy I don't think you have an eating diorder. As long as you eat a healthy diet after the season is over. I would agree you are just competative, all the wrestlers I know do it so don't feel like you are the only one! And good luck!
Reply:As long as you're eating enough and not over exercising, you aren't anorexic.


No comments:

Post a Comment