Friday, November 20, 2009

Any Drs/Nurses? Do i have the flu???

Background: 16,female,5f6,98pounds (yes i know im underweight and no i do not have an eating disorder).





At school on friday i started getting chills then getting really hot the next minute but i stuck it out and made it through the day. I came home and crashed pretty much. I had a fever of 100.4 then. Its now monday and im still getting chills sometimes but mostly hot flashes. I had a headache which got worse every time i moved my head but now that has pretty musch gone. My fever at its highest was 102 and i could barely get down the stairs without feeling lightheaded. I woke up in the middle of the night last night soaked in sweat.





so my symptoms as of now are:


-coughing...sometimes lots of snot


-slight fever that gets worse at night-up to 101


-hot flashes, cold sweats





is this the flu???


if so what do i do since they cant give me tamiflu...i figure its too late for that now.


do i let it take it course or what will they give me if i do visit a dr? i rly dont wanna go =[

Any Drs/Nurses? Do i have the flu???
it certainly sounds like you have a virus of some sort, I say virus because the fever isn't all that high. A bacterial infection would result in fevers in excess of 103. At any rate, the treatment for all viruses is essentially the same. Lots of water, tylenol for aches and fever, rest rest rest. I suggest you eat yogurt at least once a day to offset the effects the virus will have on your digestive tract. (diarhea is likely)
Reply:Here's link to a chart that compares colds and flu:


No comments:

Post a Comment